Sunday, February 17, 2013

Double-Wammy (Actors Studio Audition Results)

So, what a crazy weekend.

Yesterday I got into Harvard's MFA in Acting, and today I did my audition for THE Actors Studio (affiliated with Pace University)...

...AND GOT IN!



Once again, beyond happiness and excitement and disbelief. They told me straight away - minutes after I walked out the room. Said they wanted "something nice for me to fly home with" and offered me a position starting this fall.

Whaaaat!?

So happy. The course co-presidents of the school are Academy Award Winners Al Pacino (Glengarry, The Godfater), Harvey Keitel (Reservoir Dogs, Thelma & Louise), and Ellen Burnstyn (Requiem for a Dream, The Exorcist).


The curriculum is so focused on Acting - without any particular focus on a specific medium (TV, Film or Theatre) - which is what I've been hopelessly searching for in the theatre-crazed city.

AND students take part in the famous James Lipton Series: Inside The Actors Studio, of which, this is one of my all-time favorites:



(Oh, and two Alumnimunimni are nominated at the Oscars this year: Bradley Cooper and Sally Field).


So, dreams are coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment