Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Helicopria.

A Helicoprion is an extinct shark:



The raison d'etre of my old band, Sulene van der Walt, is in a new band named Helicopria.


I cannot describe to you why you really do need to check out their stuff.

...okay, actually I can.

There's a great tendency (I find) for young artists to have a serious case of all-talk-no-do. So many bands, so many actors, so many kids spend more time talking about what they are going to do, rather than doing what they talk about doing. I'm a culprit. So are you.

Helicopria is not.

From singing happy birthday to writing personalized 'fan songs' to touring in Turkey to having a name original enough to have the first twenty plus pages of hits on google - they're a busy bunch of sharks and they put in the effort that makes your effort to check 'em out absolutely miniscule. And worth it.




If you enjoyed it, share it. Put your effort in.

No comments:

Post a Comment