Saturday, May 7, 2011

Girl, Interrupted.

I watched Girl, Interrupted again recently.


I'm in constant conflict with myself over which Angie film is my favourite and why and every time I watch one of the good ones, I can't believe how brilliant she is. Her first scene in the film is a moment of acting genius (in my opinion). She layers so many different emotions and they burst out of her one after the other in a way that makes such sense but that is so unique of Angie's Lisa.

I implore everyone in the world who is more concerned with the tabloids' 'Brangelina' and their 'orphanage' to watch films of hers like these and then ask yourself why all that superfluous crap about whether or not the couple is happy and what Jennifer Aniston has to say about it really matters at all. Art is art is art is art. No one goes around cursing, picking sides and debating over the trumpery of Picaso, Chekhov or Hans Zimmer's personal lives. So this is my plea for everyone to let Angelina be and watch her films. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment