Friday, January 28, 2011

Dr Mandela


Earlier, I was listening to the radio and 5fm was tuned into a conference wherein Madiba's health was discussed. There was an announcement that he was to be discharged from the hospital at some point this afternoon, and that - owing to his contraction of Tuberculosis when he was imprisoned - he has always had weaker lungs, but that he is reacting astonishingly well to the treatment and, hence, for a 92-year-old man, he never fails to surprise us all... even the doctors, it seems. 


I got so emotional waiting for the verdict on the radio. I just sat there, alone in my car, on the verge of tears, not knowing why but hoping for the best and eventually just having a little sob of relief. I think he must be the strongest dude on earth. 


What a legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment